LaundrOzone™ is an ozone (O3) generation system consisting of a mini-compressor, an oxygen concentrator, and a corona discharge ozone generator. This system is noted for its compact design utilizing minimal space on a wall behind or near the washer. It is a plug and play type machine that plugs into a wall socket for power.
LaundrOzone™’s connection to the washer is simplistic and consists of a control wire and ozone tube. LaundrOzone™ operates on the principal of direct injection to the washer which means that the ozone gas is injected through a unique device (diffuser) that allows many small ozone bubbles to impregnate the water for the purpose of oxidation and disinfection. LaundrOzone™ utilizes a level control switch to only operate when water is in the washer.
LaundrOzone™ operates on a continuous basis during selected cycles to insure the contact time is maintained. This method differs from others who provide a venturi on the incoming water or put ozonated water in a tank that feeds the washer. The reasoning is that ozone has a very short life and will dissipate during the wash cycle.
LaundrOzone™ also has available an OSHA approved safety monitor for the health and safety of the personnel.
- Small size — ease of installation in tight wall spaces
- Single or Multiple generators — LaundrOzone™ has the ability to equip multiple washing machines with one ozone generator
- Low power requirement — LaundrOzone™ uses less power for low utility cost
- Low heat output — running cooler also equates to longer equipment life
- Adjustable ozone production — LaundrOzone™ has an adjustable output that can be used for many sizes of washers by allowing the right amount of ozone charged water to be produced for each individual washer and load requirement
- High system quality — LaundrOzone™ uses high performance components
- Return on Investment — the cost of LaundrOzone™ with installation offers a handsome ROI to the end user; utility rebates are available in many areas that would increase the Investment Rate of Return.
The ozone washing concept provides a substantial savings when used on laundry washers in hotels, nursing homes, hospitals and institutions.
The following questionnaire will provide information that allows Ozone Water Technologies to evaluate your process and provide a conservative savings analysis.
Laundry operations that incorporate ozone technology operate with significant economic and environmental advantages when compared to conventional laundry systems. Advantages include:
- Reduction in water heating requirements
- Reduction in drying time
- Reduction in water consumption
- Reduction in wastewater volume
- Enhances efficiency in laundry chemicals
- Less extensive treatment for wastewater
- Improved cleanliness and sanitation of linen
- Increased durability and extended life of the laundered items
In addition to these advantages, there are several ‘soft’ saving areas in which an ozone laundry system is beneficial:
- Increased productivity — shorter wash cycle times & less drying times
- Improved labor conditions — lower water temperatures and decreased drying times will contribute to improved comfort in the workplace
- Increased cleanliness and attractiveness of linens & towels — many first hand accounts from current ozone laundries attest to a noticeable improvement in the cleanliness and fluffiness of the towels
- Increased linen life — according to published reports, ozone laundries see a tangible increase in linen life