What you should know about your pool.
Althought chlorine is widely used as a disinfectant for swimming pools and spas, it is not the best or the healthiest alternative for treating pool watere. Here are some facts you should be aware of:
- Cholorine reacts with organic waste to form highly toxic and carcinogenic compounds.
- High concentrations of these toxins cause red eyes, rashes, and other health complications.
- The skin represents the largest organ in the body and is capable of absorbing large quantities of these toxins.
- Many of the world's largest and most prestigious pools are treated with ozone as a primary disinfectant and some countries have adopted ozone as their standard disinfectant.
- Ozone leaves no toxic residuals in treated water and is up to 1000 times more powerful as a bacteria killer than chlorine.
- Dissolved ozone is not known to cause any adverse health effects.
- Reduces/Eliminates Chlorine
- Stabilize pH control
- Kill bacteria thousands of times more effectively than chlorine
- Reduce maintenance requirements and the handling of dangerous chemicals
- Eliminate rashes, eye irritation and hair damage
- Improve water clarity with ozone as a microflocculant
- Eliminates chlorine smell from the pool environment
- Reduce the health risk due to pathogens such as cryptosporidium
Who uses Ozone to treat Pool Water?
- There are over 30,000 ozone pools in Europe.
- Germany has used an ozone standard for public pools for over 30 years.
- All Olympic pools are treated with ozone.
- The Canadian Department of National Defense uses ozone in their swimming pools